If you are planning to embark on a project to design your own guest house plans, then this post will be helpful. Here I share some tips on designing them on your own.
Making your own plans grants you an opportunity to create an extra living space that meets your expectations. The rough plan that you make, inculcating all your expectations, can later be refined by a professional architect. People opt for small guest houses that are generally built on adjoining extra space of land to their houses.
Building a guest house is a big construction project and requires very detailed planning. You will need professional help later from an architect, but creating plans of your own, will help you in conveying your demands to the architect in a better way.
- Check out architecture devoted magazines for different plans. Visit guest houses built by friends and neighbors.
- Make a list of features and amenities which you plan to have in your own guest house.
- There are many architecture devoted websites, that offer plans of various types and sizes that are planned to suit your needs. You could check out these plans and print out the ones that catch your fancy.
- Once you have started getting a feel of what you have in mind, the start making a plan taking your budgetary limitations into consideration. Start designing floor by floor.
- Some of the things that must be included in the design are the roofing, flooring and electrical connections. You need to include these things in your plan.
- Once you have decided upon the framework of the guest house, you can start with interior designing. This includes choosing furniture, painting and interior design.
- Make all these rough plans on a graph paper and make sure that it is made to scale. Once you are ready with the rough floor by floor plans, you can begin creating a 3D floor plan using architectural software you find online
Hope this article has encouraged you enough to try your hand at designing your own guest house. Not only will it help you in realizing his dream house, but also provide you with a realistic idea of the budget required.